Ways we are keeping you safe while cruising with us
Your health and safety is our priority and proactive steps have been taken in terms of hygiene, but also our service to ensure you a safe stay on board.
1. Cleaning procedures: Disinfecting surfaces is one key way to minimize the spread of viruses. We will increase the frequency of our regular cleaning program and all common areas will be cleaned at least two times per day with the cleaning agents that have been proved to eliminate viruses and bacteria. Handrails, doorknobs, remote controls, light switches, cabin keys, etc. will be disinfected multiple times daily, as well as common toilets on the ship. Special attention will be given to ship salon cleaning, where desks, chairs and other surfaces will be cleaned after every use. Cabins will be cleaned on a daily basis, meaning all surfaces will be treated with effective sanitizers as mentioned above. Guests will be asked to leave their cabins during cleaning to avoid close contact and respect social distancing policy. Extra blankets and pillows will be removed from the cabin wardrobes and will be provided on request. Guests can refuse the daily cleaning practice if they wish so.
2. Social distancing: Our ships are small cruise ships, meaning that our groups are not bigger than 40 people. This is important to highlight because we work with small groups and we are able to accommodate all social distancing requirements. Furniture in public areas (salon) will be arranged to allow more space for distancing. More information will be available with your Cruise Manager on board. All ships have very spacious sundecks allowing the sun beds and chairs to be easily placed at 1,5 m distance as recommended. Sun chairs will be marked with cabin numbers and guests will be kindly asked to use the chair marked with their cabin number only. Our superior ships with jacuzzi will have a limited number of people using it at a time – maximum two people if they are couple or family members, as there is no evidence that a swimming pool or jacuzzi would put anyone in danger to get the COVID-19 virus, as long as social distancing and hygiene is observed.
3. Crew: All crew members will be informed and trained on the new procedures and will be advised to keep the highest hygiene standards and social distancing in guests interaction. They will be advised to wear masks and gloves and to use hand sanitizers on a regular basis. Also, every day before starting their shift, they will need to measure their temperature and if they have any respiratory problems, they will be instructed to consult their doctor.
4. Helping our guests: Personal hygiene including frequent hand washing and not touching your eyes, nose or mouth is essential to minimizing the spread of the COVID-19 and other viruses. These recommendations are important and will be repeated to guests frequently. To ensure all our guests are safe, hand sanitizers will be available at the entrance of each ship as well as at the salon entrance. Guests will be kindly asked to use the sanitizer every time getting on/off the ship or when entering the salon. Soap, paper towels, and disinfecting wipes will be provided to guests in their cabins for their personal use.
5. Air condition on the ship: All our ships have air conditioning that can be self-regulated. Salon and common hall areas are also air conditioned. The AC system is maintained annually, and filters are cleaned and replaced as needed. Due to the coronavirus situation and the negative image that large AC systems can contribute in the development and spread of the virus through ventilation systems, we are taking extra measures in cleaning and disinfecting AC units. If guests do not wish to use AC in their cabins, they can easily be turned off. The salon area will be organized in the way that social distancing will be respected, and it will be suggested that salon doors and windows are kept open during breakfast and lunch time to increase air circulation. Also suggestion is that guests will be reminded during their stay on the ship to keep in mind to open cabin windows multiple times daily for ventilation (where possible).
6. Ship service: Breakfast and lunch will be served and no meals will be on a buffet. Depending on the size of the group and ship layout, meals will be served either in two sessions or simultaneously in the saloon and on the outside deck. Food will be prepared and served in gloves.
7. Further instructions: Swim stops will be regulated by the crew and Cruise Manager - in order to respect social distancing policy the number of people using the swim platform at once will be limited as well as people using the sun deck. Crew will keep track of the numbers to prevent crowding. Each time before the ship arrives at the new destination/port, the Cruise Manager will organize the procedure of how the guests will leave the ship to go on shore. If two or more ships are moored next to each other, guests will be asked to respect the following procedures when embarking/disembarking the ship. The Croatian institute of public health suggests that guests carry their luggage on their own to avoid excessive contact. However, if you need the help of a crew member, they will be glad to assist you and they will do it using hand gloves and later they will disinfect their hands. Lastly, we recommend that you carry only one piece of luggage per person, as well as one piece of hand luggage. All above instructions will be posted on our web site as well on all our travel documents. Guests are kindly asked to pay attention to these instructions and to prepare for the new regulations before coming on board. Guests are also asked to respect check in and check out time and not to make crowds when entering or leaving the ship. They should always keep in mind the social distancing policy of 1,5 m.