West Africa River Cruise Overview
Experience outstanding wildlife
viewing on a yacht cruise.
A collection of West Africa river cruise holidays with a choice of departure points. The sights these river cruises take in are amazing and showcase some of the most beautiful natural environments in West Africa. The Rivers of Gambia & Senegal 7-night cruise sure to satisfy curious minds. Discover the waterways of Senegal and Gambia with visits to no less than 4 Natural Reserves:
Sine Saloun Delta, a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve and a birdwatcher’s paradise; Djiffere fishing village; River Gambia National Park; Wassu mysterious stone circles, another UNESCO World Heritage site; Bao Bolong Wetland Reserve and Kiang West National Park in Gambia.
Our on board Gambian River Naturalist will assist you in discovering the amazing flora and fauna and will be at your side throughout this exciting voyage, unravelling the wonders of West Africa. We have a choice of river cruises in Western Africa that take in areas of beauty in Senegal and Gambia with departures from Dakar and Banjul.
Why Should I Choose A Small Ship Cruise
Small ship cruises offer a more intimate and personalised travel experience compared to large cruise ships. Some of the benefits of small ship cruises include:
1. Flexibility: Small ship cruises can access ports and locations that larger ships cannot, giving passengers the opportunity to visit unique and remote destinations not possible on larger vessels.
2. Personalised experience: With fewer passengers, small ship cruises offer a more personalised experience. The crew can provide individual attention to each guest, and the itinerary can be customised to suit the group's preferences.
3. Privacy: Small ship cruises allow for a more private and intimate experience. Passengers can enjoy the ship's amenities without the crowds and queues that are common on larger ships.
4. Cultural immersion: Small ship cruises often offer opportunities to learn about the local culture and traditions of the destinations visited. This can include onboard lectures, local guides, and authentic cultural experiences.
5. Eco-friendly: Small ships have a smaller environmental footprint than larger cruise ships. They consume less fuel and produce fewer emissions, making them a more sustainable choice for travellers who are concerned about their impact on the environment.
Overall, small ship cruises provide a unique and immersive travel experience that is well-suited for travellers who value intimacy, flexibility, and cultural immersion.