History rich Malta and Sicily
welcome you for your next small ship cruise adventure.
Seductively beautiful and perfectly placed in the heart of the Mediterranean, Italy has been luring passersby since the time of legends. Whatever your personal predilections, Sicily varied landscape makes a dramatic first impression and its dozen-plus offshore islands offer enough activities to build an entire vacation around. Malta astounding prehistoric sites were constructed by sophisticated-seeming temple builders, who also left miniature figurines and mammoth sculptures of ‘fat ladies’, which have survived millennia and are housed in Malta’s fascinating museums. Out in the open, gigantic temples and towers from many different eras stand proud, continuing their endless watch over the sea. Rising out of the cobalt-blue seas off Sicily’s northeastern coast, the Unesco-protected Aeolian Islands (Vulcano, Lipari, Salina, Panarea, Stromboli, Filicudi and Alicudi) are a little piece of paradise, a seven-island archipelago offering a wealth of opportunities for relaxation and outdoor fun.
Why Should I Choose A Small Ship Cruise
Small ship cruises offer a more intimate and personalised travel experience compared to large cruise ships. Some of the benefits of small ship cruises include:
1. Flexibility: Small ship cruises can access ports and locations that larger ships cannot, giving passengers the opportunity to visit unique and remote destinations not possible on larger vessels.
2. Personalised experience: With fewer passengers, small ship cruises offer a more personalised experience. The crew can provide individual attention to each guest, and the itinerary can be customised to suit the group's preferences.
3. Privacy: Small ship cruises allow for a more private and intimate experience. Passengers can enjoy the ship's amenities without the crowds and queues that are common on larger ships.
4. Cultural immersion: Small ship cruises often offer opportunities to learn about the local culture and traditions of the destinations visited. This can include onboard lectures, local guides, and authentic cultural experiences.
5. Eco-friendly: Small ships have a smaller environmental footprint than larger cruise ships. They consume less fuel and produce fewer emissions, making them a more sustainable choice for travellers who are concerned about their impact on the environment.
Overall, small ship cruises provide a unique and immersive travel experience that is well-suited for travellers who value intimacy, flexibility, and cultural immersion.