Touched by the Ionian Sea, recently built Golden Mare Barbati hotel in Corfu, is a beach resort for memorable island holidays. Barbati is located near Pantokratoras mountain and offers a marvelous view over Corfu old town, the Venetian fortress and the far Albanian mountains.
Barbati is enriched of lovely bays and hidden caves, perfect place for scuba divers, and has a beautiful white stones beach.
Tourists can explore both sea and mountain as the place has been developed into two different areas. One is higher along the coast road with its bars and shops. The second part of Barbati is more tranquil, is surrounded by olive trees, many paths to follow many ways to explore a different part of the beach.
Transfers & distances
- From hotel to Barbati village around 600m and to the nearest beach around 150 meters
- from hotel to Corfu town centre approximately 16 kilometres
- Transfers from Corfu international Airport to the town centre approximately 10 minutes.
Total rooms: 56 Suites - all air-conditioned suites are spacious and have a balcony, Some suites have a private pool.
Comfortable double or twin bedded room where a 3rd person can be accommodated on an extra bed. Rooms are split to Sea view, side sea view and Garden view.
Suite room / Family room
30 Comfortable double or twin bedded rooms with sofa beds where 4 guests can be accommodated Rooms are split to Sea view, side sea view and Garden view. 20 Comfortable double or twin bedded rooms with bunk beds where a family can be accommodated.
- 40’’ LCD Satellite TV
- Bathtub or shower,
- Wi-Fi (free of charge)
- Electronic Safe for each room
- DVD Player
- Welcome Amenities
- Coffee & Tea
- Non-smoking rooms available
- Wellness club* (massage, nail, body and facial treatments, relaxing or therapeutic treatments Sauna, Jacuzzi)
- Fitness room
- Pool table
- Table tenni
- TV Room, Cinema Room, relaxing Room, Library – Reading Hall
- Swimming pool for adults and children
- Free sun beds & umbrellas by the pool
- International entertainment in a daily basis
- Live International music several times per week
- Once per week “Greek Night” with dancers presenting local dances from various regions of Greece.
- ironing, dry cleaning and laundry (extra charge)
- FREE Wi-Fi
- 24hrs reception
- Free use of tablet, one per room provided.
- Internet corner
- Currency exchange
- Laundry service*
- Babysitting (upon request)
- Kids club
- Wakeup call
- Luggage room
- Conference room
- Beach/ pool towels
- Amenities including slippers, olive products
- Mini market and boutique shop
- Doctor on call *
- First aid kit
- Greek Lessons (from German) for Beginners free of charge min. twice per week
- Greek Cooking Lessons free of charge 2 times per week.
- Mini bus for Barbati beach min. 5 times per day
With the passage of time the island may have changed, but we can still feel the spirit of a distant glorious past. Its rich multi-cultural heritage, its historic monuments, its stunning natural landscape, its crystal clear water, and its excellent weather all year round explain why Corfu is one of the most cosmopolitan Mediterranean destinations weaving a powerful spell on its visitors.
On Plaka beach, about 7.5km from Naxos town/port.